.......... .. .. ........... "Once In A While You Get Shown The Light In The Strangest Of Places If You Look At It Right" :Robert Hunter

All of the music recordings on this site are recordings of independent origin (ROIOs) Music that has not been officially released. If you are an artist or a legal representative of an artist and you do not want your ROIO shared on my site for free among your fans (and creating new fans), just tell me in the comment area and I will remove them. By the way these recordings exist. They won't go away. All of them can be found at various places on line. Sharing just keeps the fans that support the artists from having to get ripped off by purchasing them on auction sites, and it also introduces music to people who would never have known the artist, creating a stronger fan base.

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Arizona Jones, One Year Old!

  
On July 6th 2010 I decided to start a blog. I wanted it to be a blog about the things that interest me. The three main things music, spirituality, and outdoors adventure. Along the way I threw in a few other things like artwork that I like, but mostly it has been the three things. So it has been about a year, and it has been an interesting year. I have had a lot of people visit (the counter is at 377895), some have liked the concept, and others have not. Some have shown appreciation, and many have showed compassion in the trials I faced this year, and some have been hostile toward my open expression of my belief in a God. There have been people from all over the world visiting my blog every day. Here is a typical map that shows visitors in one day.
You can see that there are many people each day and they come mostly from the United States and Europe. But there are many from other places too and some days South America will have ten or fifteen. This is just yesterdays map.
In looking at the most visited pages on Arizona Jones I found that you are a diversified group. In the top ten are two posts on the outdoors, one of the spiritual type, and the music is divided into blues, rock, and fusion jazz, with Jerry Garcia taking the top spot. I'm sure this is not very accurate in that there may be reasons some have made the list that I might not know about. I do see that the Fossil Creek post has made the top ten in just a few weeks while the West Clear Creek has been posted for eleven months. Any way here is a list of the top ten most visited pages from my blog.

Jerry Garcia & Merl Saunders, 2-05-74, Posted on 12-18-2010

Muddy Waters, 1964 and 1972, Posted on 11-04-2010

West Clear Creek Wilderness, AZ, Posted on 8-07-2010
Muddy Waters, September 1974, Posted on 4-26-2011

Rick Griffin, Artwork, Posted on Nov 7, 2010

Herbie Hancock and The Headhunters, three shows! Posted on Nov 18, 2010

Fossil Creek, Arizona, Posted on Jun 12, 2011

Mirror Mirror On The Wall, Posted on Jan 18, 2011

Grateful Dead and The Allman Brothers, 2-11-70, Posted on Aug 29, 2010

Steely Dan, Katy Lied, Royal Scam, and Gaucho Outakes, Posted on Aug 12, 2010

One thing I tried to do was put up music that was not just the same stuff you will find on the other major music blogs. I even took some of my old tapes or recordings and digitized them and posted them. Here are some of the recordings that first appeared here in the last year. Many have shown up on other blogs. Some I posted on Dime A Dozen in FLAC and they have now found their ways onto the Archive and QualityBootz. Some of these may have been circulated before but I had never seen them.

Seldom Scene, McCabes, Santa Monica, CA 1-19-90 (SBD)
Little Feat, Topanga, CA, 9-26-1998 (SBD)
Little Feat, Pima County Fairgrounds, Tucson AZ 4-19-1998 (SBD)
Little Feat, Rialto Theater, Tucson AZ 8-27-02 (SBD)
Little Feat, Richmond VA, 6-20-2001 (SBD)
David Nelson Band, Rialto Theater, Tucson AZ 7-23-99 (SBD)
David Nelson Band, Rialto Theater, Tucson AZ 2-05-99 (SBD)
David Nelson Band, The Alley, Flagstaff AZ 12-08-2000 (SBD)
Tom Ball & Kenny Sultan, Camp Mather CA 8-31-90 (SBD)
Barenaked Ladies, Santa Maria CA 10-13-94 (FM)
Joe Walsh, Fountain Valley CA 7-04-90 (FM)
Allman Brothers Band, Fox Theater, Atlanta GA 11-24-80 (FM)
Los Lobos, Austin TX November 1988 (TV)
Grateful Dead, Oakland CA 12-31-82, (FM) A Better Mix!
Richard Thompson, Camp Mather CA 9-02-90 (SBD)
Hot Tuna And Friends, The Fillmore, San Francisco CA 3-04-88 (SBD)
The O'Kanes with Emmy Lou Harris, Camp Mather CA, 9-01-90 (SBD)
Jerry Garcia Band, Wiltern Theater, Los Angeles CA 11-25-88 (SBD)

I have since seen these next ones in circulation from another source.  But these were sourced from my tapes before I found other sources.
Doc Watson, O. T. Price's, Santa Cruz CA 10-27-88 (SBD)
Jackson Browne and David Lindley, Santa Cruz CA, 5-19-1987

In this year I have posted almost 600 times, with over 100 bluegrass posts included making this blog one of the biggest collections of bluegrass on the web. There are well more than 200 artist represented on this blog, and it could be way more due to some of the festival posted.   I have posted 50 things under "spiritual subject matter" many of which I wrote myself. And there are now more than 30 posts of "outdoor subject matter" including hiking, backpack trips and mountain bike opportunities. And in a few cases some personal stuff like my Dad's memorial, and my own artwork and photos. It has been an interesting year and I still have a lot of music to share, and if God is willing more spiritual rants, and if my body holds up some more outdoor stuff. Thanks to all who have commented both positively and negatively it makes me know someone is paying attention.

10 comments:

  1. i have become a (relatively) recent visitor to your blog. i want to thank you for all the hard work maintaining it that you do. i have time to search around due to my recent heart attack from which i am now convalescing. you have some great shows which i have d/l'ed. i particularly enjoy the complete shows you have upped. all in all, the blog has provided me with some succor during my recent illness.

    thanks again,

    enoch

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations my friend. You have proven that good work and kindness are a great combination. I will enjoy the music you've shared for many good years ahead. I wish you many happy returns of this anniversary. Take good care of yourself.

    Iggy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess my new browser won't let me comment in my own blog, in my google account. This is AZ Jones.

    Hey Enoch, hope you are well soon. I guess it was not your time yet. So I hope you make the best of the time that is left. Love the name. Enoch "walked with God and was not" Genesis 3. Be "was not" and you will then really be something of value.

    To Iggy. You are always one to show me kindness. Thanks for being thankful. AZ Jones

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Arizona -
    Congrats on one year - I for one have been a very frequent visitor and am thankful for all the great shows I have received from you.
    I too am a Christian but not as able to express my views as clearly as you do - good job brother.
    The pictures that you show here - are they yours? Just curious

    ReplyDelete
  5. AZ Jones here

    Hi Dwight. Thanks for being one of the ones that frequents and is thankful. Glad to hear you are a follower of Christ. Express you view with your walk and not your talk and it will have great impact and that is an ability you have. Show others love it speaks louder than words.

    The photos of outdoor stuff are mine including the sunset at the top of the page. I'm not a great photographer, I just take a lot of pictures and am bound to get a good one once in a while. Many of the illustrations for spiritual topics and such are just found on line. Many of the music covers, I piece together using photoscape.

    AZ JONES

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy anniversary I check your blog daily since the beginning !!!
    Thanks for the music
    Bravo for your pictures
    Spirituality is a personnal affair but that's ok
    for me it's your choice and I respect that
    Sharing with other people is a great behavior
    excuse my english
    french blogger best to you

    ReplyDelete
  7. Pour mon ami français. Merci d'être venu sur mon blog. Il ya des amis qui viennent au blog d'un site web français de bluegrass, qui ont un groupe qui joue le bluegrass. Savez-vous de ces musiciens? Je pense que leur groupe est très bonne. Vous devriez aller les voir.

    http://bluegrassdeluxe.blogspot.com/
    http://www.france-bluegrass.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1983

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats AZ on your site's 1 year anniversary! Sorry for the belated well wishes, but was away on vacation. Stay true to your purpose. Your site brings much joy to many!

    Speedy

    ReplyDelete
  9. AZ
    A belated Happy Anniversary! I believe God is honoring your masthead quote and the hearts and minds of your visitors are being changed. I know I am thankful for the many facets of your labors here. Our lives are changed by where we walk and I am glad I found your blog and wish you blessings and continued strength as you step out for Him.
    Peace!
    Chuck

    ReplyDelete