.......... .. .. ........... "Once In A While You Get Shown The Light In The Strangest Of Places If You Look At It Right" :Robert Hunter

All of the music recordings on this site are recordings of independent origin (ROIOs) Music that has not been officially released. If you are an artist or a legal representative of an artist and you do not want your ROIO shared on my site for free among your fans (and creating new fans), just tell me in the comment area and I will remove them. By the way these recordings exist. They won't go away. All of them can be found at various places on line. Sharing just keeps the fans that support the artists from having to get ripped off by purchasing them on auction sites, and it also introduces music to people who would never have known the artist, creating a stronger fan base.

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Walking On Water

Jesus Walked on water, maybe I can too!

It seems amazing to us that there are accounts of Jesus walking on water. But what is more amazing to me is he is not the only one who did. We can see in Matthew 14:29-31 that the apostle Peter did as well.
Lord, if it be thou, bid me come unto thee on the water. And He said, Come. And when Peter was come down out of the ship, he walked on the water, to go to Jesus. But when he saw the wind boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink, he cried, saying, Lord, save me. And immediately Jesus stretched forth his hand, and caught him, and said unto him, O thou of little faith, wherefore didst thou doubt?
So there it is Peter walking on water if even just a few steps. And I can too and so could you. You see Jesus said in John 14:12-13 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
So why haven't I seen people doing these things? Well lets look back at the water walking moment to find some clues. The first thing I see is Peter does not just get out of the boat. he asks Jesus to call him. If He isn't calling you to do something then you probably are not going to be able to do much beyond your own ability. But when you are called by God anything is possible.
The next thing is after you are called you have to have enough faith to step out onto the water. And what we see is that only one in twelve will even get out of the boat. The rest are just spectators (boat potatoes). And following God is not a spectator sport.
Once you are "walking on water" there are sure to be distractions. The enemy of your life "Satan" does not want you doing great things for God. He will send storms (distractions) into you life. And what we see is that when Peter was distracted from keeping his focus on Jesus he began to sink. We too will fail and begin to sink when we lose sight of Jesus in our walk as well.
When we loose sight of who Jesus is we loose faith and as we can see Jesus said Peter had "little faith" and instead had doubt. With big faith water walking is possible.

Also with Jesus trying this risky business of "water walking" is not really so risky because when we begin to sink He is there to give us a hand when we ask for help. But most of us are content to stay in the boat for fear of failure. And failure is then assured because we never even try.

So what do I really mean by "water walking"? It's doing something that is beyond what you could normally do in your own power. Like healing someones illness, choosing the right path in life, having the right things to say to change someones life, Telling someone the truth and helping them to see it (bringing eyesight to the blind). Jesus said "He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also" So none of this is a stretch at all. In fact in my life I have seen it first hand. I have a child when it seemed I was not able (thanks for the prayer George), my friend is healed of disease that has no cure, my father in law was cured of cancer without chemotherapy after being told he had a year to live (it's been nine years now). I found a solution to a big problem through miraculous guidance (whole new career). I taught a bible study to teens with no bible knowledge and somehow came up with a profound lesson each week. And many other examples. You can see in the bible once Jesus was gone the apostles were able to heal the lame, bring eyesight to the blind, speak in languages they didn't know, bring the dead back to life, and change the world by spreading the "good news" of saving and transforming power of Jesus. And you can too!

"If you want to walk on water you have to get out of the boat"

No comments:

Post a Comment