.......... .. .. ........... "Once In A While You Get Shown The Light In The Strangest Of Places If You Look At It Right" :Robert Hunter

All of the music recordings on this site are recordings of independent origin (ROIOs) Music that has not been officially released. If you are an artist or a legal representative of an artist and you do not want your ROIO shared on my site for free among your fans (and creating new fans), just tell me in the comment area and I will remove them. By the way these recordings exist. They won't go away. All of them can be found at various places on line. Sharing just keeps the fans that support the artists from having to get ripped off by purchasing them on auction sites, and it also introduces music to people who would never have known the artist, creating a stronger fan base.

Friday, March 20, 2015

Superpickers (bluegrass allstars) The Birchmere. 3-03-1990 (SBD)

 
This is one of my favorite bluegrass recordings.  This is one of the best groups of talent you will ever see on one stage at the same time.  All of them could be considered in the discussion for the best at what they do.  Truly an all star line up.   But not only a great group of individuals but they play together as one group so well.  And then we are lucky to have it all in a really great soundboard recording.  It does not get any better than this for bluegrass fans. 
 
Superpickers
03-03-90
The Birchmere
Alexandria, VA
Soundboard
 
Sam Bush
Tony Rice
Jerry Douglas
Bill Emerson
Mark Schatz
Vassar Clements

 Disc #1   42:52
 1. Instrumental   8:23
 2. Nine Pound Hammer   5:10
 3. I Wonder Where You Are Tonight   3:56
 4. Cincinnati Rag   3:11
 5. Sunnyside Of The Mountain   5:58 
 6. Gonna Settle Down   4:20
 7. Flinthill Special   4:06
 8. You Don't Know My Mind   3:52
 9. Salt Creek   3:52
 
 Disc #2   72:01
 1. A New Day Medley   6:21
 2. Sailin' Shoes   7:44
 3. Instrumental   3:13
 4. Pushed To Far   6:06
 5. Wayfaring Stranger   5:38
 6. Blue Railroad Train   4:37
 7. Molly And Tenbrooks   2:49    (cuts off)
 8. Me & My Guitar   14:17
 9. Home Of The Red Fox  5:35
 10. Cold On The Shoulder   3:15
 11. Little Sadie  3:35
 12. Little Maggie  3:01
 13. Instrumental  5:45
 

7 comments:

  1. I haven't said this before, but I was so gratified that you came back. Because of a show like this. Because of your passion for it.

    Even at a reduced schedule, as you have now, this is one of the great music blogs, to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ken. Thanks for the kind words. I'm glad someone enjoys what I share. Posting music on a blog is empty without some type of response or interaction. Thanks for leaving a comment

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can only humbly echo Ken's thoughtful words, AZ. He knows whereof he speaks. I literally can't wait to listen to this amazing concert. You have, once again, made my entire weekend!

    Iggy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for these wonderful bluegrass concerts!
    Luc from France

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adding to the previous comments, I too thank you for posting the most amazing new grass/bluegrass shows. I don't know where you get these incredible shows from Telluride and elsewhere but I too love what you are doing and am thrilled you are back online. BTW, I think the first instrumental in this show is Kissimmee Kid which Vassar does on the first O&ITW.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is smoking! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is a great recording of some of the best players in bluegrass! Thanks so much!

      Delete