.......... .. .. ........... "Once In A While You Get Shown The Light In The Strangest Of Places If You Look At It Right" :Robert Hunter

All of the music recordings on this site are recordings of independent origin (ROIOs) Music that has not been officially released. If you are an artist or a legal representative of an artist and you do not want your ROIO shared on my site for free among your fans (and creating new fans), just tell me in the comment area and I will remove them. By the way these recordings exist. They won't go away. All of them can be found at various places on line. Sharing just keeps the fans that support the artists from having to get ripped off by purchasing them on auction sites, and it also introduces music to people who would never have known the artist, creating a stronger fan base.

Sunday, July 18, 2010

Love Letters

LOVE LETTERS

We join Bobby and Mary Lou as they are on a date driving in a car.
BOBBY: “I’m glad we’re going out again Mary Lou, I sure do like you a lot.”
MARY LOU: “Thank you Bobby, I like you too.”
BOBBY: “Yeah, I really do like going out with you.” “We get to go to great restaurants and we get to pay for it using your dad’s credit card.” “It sure is nice of him to let you use it like that.”
MARY LOU: “Yeah, I know Bobby.”
BOBBY: “And I really like the crowd we run with.” “I mean, you’re so popular and you know all the right people.”
MARY LOU: “Yeah, Sure.” “I know Bobby.”
BOBBY: “And it’s great that”----
MARY LOU INTERUPTS: “Yeah, I know Bobby, you really like my Dad’s car, too.”
BOBBY: “Yeah…how did you know I was going to say that, Mary Lou?”
MARRY LOU: “Bobby?”
BOBBY: “Yes, Mary Lou?”
MARRY LOU: “You haven’t said anything about all the letters and notes I’ve been writing to you.” “Do you like getting my letters?”
BOBBY: “Oh, I sure do, Mary Lou! And they smell so good too!”
MARY LOU: “Well, can we talk about some of them?” “I mean, I’ve written you sixty-six letters, you know.” “And….well you’ve never said a thing about a single one of them.”
BOBBY: “Well I’d like to talk about them, I really would….but….well….you see, it’s like this.” “I haven’t really read them yet.”
MARY LOU: “YOU WHAT?” “YOU HAVEN’T READ THEM?”
BOBBY: “Well now, Mary Lou, you’ve got to understand.” “I’ve been really busy with school work and football practice and hanging out with my friends and ….”
MARY LOU: “But, Bobby, I poured my heart out to you in those letters.” “I told you all sorts of personal things in them, things I truly wanted you to know.” “I told you about all my favorite things and things that I don’t like…and all my dreams.”……. “So where are my letters?”
BOBBY: “Oh, well….you will really be pleased, Mary Lou.” “I’ve saved every one, I really have. I keep them in a special place, don’t you worry about that.”…………………………………”Mary Lou, I really do love you, though.”
MARY LOU: “But, Bobby, you……..you don’t even know me.” “Bobby, do you love me?” “I mean really love me?” “Because to love me, you must come to know me.” “For to know me is to love me.”

What do you think of how Bobby treated Mary Lou?
How would you feel if someone you cared for treated you like this?

Is this the way a relationship should look? Is this a true relationship?

A relationship is not complete if only one person is putting in the effort. Both people must try to take the time to get to know about the other person.

In this relationship with Bobby and Mary Lou, Bobby is happy to get the benefits of Mary Lou’s popularity and her father’s status and all that it brings. Yet he does not put in the time to get to know Mary Lou.

Jesus wants you to have a relationship with him, and he loves you. “As the Father loved me, I also have loved you.” (John 15:9) He knows everything there is to know about you. He knows what music you like, what food you like, what you long for, what dreams you have, what you fear, your weakness, and what you struggle with. He is happy when you make the right choices, and saddened when you make wrong choices. He knows you better than you know yourself.
Jesus wants you to know him and be his friend. “I have called you friends for all things I have heard from my Father I have made known to you.” (John 15:15) He wants you to learn of his faithfulness, his goodness, his justice tempered with patience. He wants you to know what he loves and what saddens his heart. He wants you to share in the benefits of his Holy Father. He wants you to share eternal life with him.

How do you think you can get to know Jesus?

The way to get to know Him is through the written revelation of Himself. The Word of God, the Bible reveals to us who God is. The Bible is a collection of his sixty-six love letters to you. Read his words and hide them in your heart, and know him for who he is. The one true God, your Savior, and your friend who wants to have a relationship with you.

Do you want to gain the benefits of the Holy Father but are too busy to get to know his son Jesus?

Are you working to get to know Jesus through reading the Bible?

Scripture is the means by which God has chosen to introduce and reveal himself to you so that he can enjoy a relationship with you. Moses knew this. He begged God “If you are pleased with me, teach me your ways so that I may know you” (Exodus 33:13). When we read the scriptures in order to know God and have a relationship with him, it not only brings us blessings but eternal life. Jesus prayed to his Father “And this is the way to have eternal life, to know you, the only true God and Jesus Christ, the one you sent to earth” ( John 17:3 ).

Reading the Bible and following the Word of God is how you can develop a relationship with The Lord and receive his friendship and love. “If anyone loves Me he will keep My Word, and my Father will love him, and we will come to him and make Our home with him.” (John 14:23)



1 comment:

  1. Love the music and love what you are saying about Jesus............Peace Bro!!

    ReplyDelete